Search This Blog

3.08.2013

Funny Friday


All three at the breakfast table, and yes, those are
crumbs under my table ;)
 We had biscuits, what can I say?
Well, things haven't been as funny at our house this week. Running everywhere, then trying to catch up on housework (bleck!), trying to prepare curriculum and making lesson plans for next year (we're officially homeschooling our oldest in kindergarten in the fall *insert horror movie scream*), doctor appointment, runny noses, 2 yr. old with fever, 6 month old not wanting to eat much and then getting a little constipated (still nursing like nobody's business, though), and keeping my nieces and nephews while helping my mom. Whew! I've definitely been away more than home this week. However, there was some cuteness amidst it all, and that definitely made it a little easier to deal with.

"Don't worry, if they have to give you lots and lots of shots and prick all of your fingers at the doctor's office, I'll be right there."-5 yr. daughter's way of comforting/preparing her brother for a 2 yr. check up. Let's just say it's little wonder why he hid behind my leg when the doctor entered the room.

4 yr. old nephew in Papaw's t-shirt,
because, well, let's just say 4 yr. old boys
 aren't the best at aiming yet.
"Ok, I'm done."-2 yr. old son to doctor when he decided he'd had enough of the check up. He wasn't really being rude, just said it very matter of factly.

"I'm just trying to find myself."-5 yr. old daughter. Yeah, I have no idea where this came from either.

"I can't wait to be a teenager, because then I can get married and have a baby."-5 yr. old daughter. Wow. Let's just say I'm glad she doesn't know what age means you're a teenager, otherwise we would be really, really, concerned.

"You know mommy, we can't get to heaven on our own."-5 yr. old daughter.
"How do we get there then?"-Me.
"Well, God is in heaven, so Jesus has to take us there."-5 yr. old daughter.
Not funny, but warmed this mommy's heart. <3 p="">
 I know when I'm so stressed/overwhelmed that I feel like I could explode there's nothing better than cute kids saying/doing cute things to make me laugh and relax, not that I'm perfect, but God certainly uses them to remind me of what's really important at the moment.

So, have you been extra busy lately? Don't cute kids make it easier when you're busy?

No comments: