Thanks so much to my friend Michelle who I met through fb where we were both seeking to share the gospel, only to find out we literally live in the same neighborhood, and had even passed each other out running.
I will be passing on this award to another "Stylish" blogger, but as instructed, will first share seven things about myself that you probably don't know.
1. I have spent most of my life on stage, and was a professional singer/musician/songwriter prior to the birth of our daughter. I have toured all over the United States, and have received fan mail from as far away as Japan and Nigeria, with my band's last studio album reaching #2 on a worldwide roots music chart based on international radio play. However, I am not a household name or face, but (and I'm still weirded out by this) you can still purchase black market prints of photographs of me on stage performing from certain websites (they aren't inappropriate pictures, just always weird to see myself like that). And I have lots of stories about life on the road and unusual fans (If you meet the man with my autograph tattooed on his chest, please know I truly had nothing to do with it, sadly true.)
2. I am OCD about lots of things, but am a perfectionist that when unable to achieve what I perceive to be perfection would rather leave things undone, than be unable to do properly. (I would rather not clean my bathroom, than not to do a thorough job when I don't have the time.)
3. I have a bachelors degree in Cardiopulmonary Science and worked part-time prn in local hospitals.
4. I am the only girl of four kids. Yes, that means I was slightly tomboyish, and impossibly spoiled by my dad.
5. I love books. Everything from the way they feel to the smell of the ink and paper (especially the smell of old books). We are constantly running out of shelf space and soon our living room will look like a library (which is probably why its a good thing to close off half our basement to make a large family room, more room for shelves, which means more room for books. We will be seeing more of you, Mr. Moody.)
6. I met my husband when we were both 17 and providentially were assigned seats next to each other in a U.S. Government class. Needless to say, neither of us remember much of the actual class, including who else was in there. We started dating, and have been together ever since.
7. When I was a kid, I wanted to be either an astronomer or an archeologist, even reading several thick books on the subjects while in elementary school. (I think I was the only first grader who read Carl Sagan, Isaac Asimov, and knew who Stephen Hawking was. The archeologist idea was introduced to me through Indiana Jones movies, and I found I actually enjoyed studying artifacts and history and ancient civilizations.)
In case you're wondering my daughter is still working on my one-of-a-kind designer gown for the occasion, and as soon as I can convince her that a tutu and tiara aren't needed, I will wear it.
Anywho, this may be the one and only time I win any kind of blogging award, so let us all bask in the wonder of such a brief moment. Okay, moment over. Back to serious blogging again, or, well, as consistent as I wish I were in blogging ;)
Oh, and since I get to pass on this award, and I feel like a relative newbie in the blogosphere, I'd love to hear your nominees for "Most Stylish Blogger" so that I can share their blogs with others. So, who's your nominee? :)